View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 6:18 PM

Can something be done by citizens at this point to stop this mundane monstrosity from polluting the best parcel of land in the city, or is it too late?

This might seem like a tacky idea, but would a Facebook page / petition regarding this have any effect? I don't really know if these kinds of online bandwagon approaches are efficient, or if they are more of a 'feel good' vehicle for the people who sign them. If anybody thinks such a page would have any positive effect at this stage in the game, I would be interested in contributing to this, or a similar project.

Because really anything else would be a better alternative for this site. ANYTHING. A gas station. A Tim Fucking Horton's. They're tasteless, bland, tiny, and redundant. But at least they are buildings more citizens will actually frequent and support. Even a Walmart would bring more people to the area to spend their money. I know these are disgusting options, but seriously. If we're not going to build something impressive, iconic, or exciting, we might as well build something that the locals will often use.