View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2012, 10:47 PM
~Hook'em~

I went to school in Boston so I am a lot more familiar with Boston and Cambridge than SA, so please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

Cambridge is just across the river from Downtown Boston. Harvard is 3 miles from Downtown Boston, and about a mile from MIT. Cambridge has Harvard, MIT, Hult, Lesley, in addition to Tuffs (1 mile away), U Mass-Boston (4 miles), Northeastern (1 mile), Boston University (across the river) Boston College (4 miles), Emerson (mile) and countless other wonderful schools within 5 miles of Cambridge. Those at and associated with the schools in just Cambridge (not including Boston) have won over 100 Nobel Prizes. Cambridge, Mass has over 100k people and a density of 16,500/sq mi.

TAM-SA is over 10 miles from Downtown SA in a bunch of farm fields outside loop 410 with an area population density of 233. It is 16 miles from Trinity and like 22 miles from the UT Med School and 25 miles from UT-SA. It really makes me wonder if they are actively trying to build all these schools as far away from one another as they possibly can in an attempt to stifle any and all collaboration completely. It is absurd and exactly the OPPOSITE of what they have done in Cambridge and Boston.

I love the look of the community they presented as what they want to create out there. It really looks amazing. Fantastic. I hope they build it. I think it will be great. But it really bothers me how they go about finding locations for such schools and projects. And to suggest creating something equivalent to Cambridge is absolutely absurd. That is 100% aggy thinking right there. It is great they are setting high goals, but only aggy could believe they can build a Cambridge, Mass out of a bunch of farm fields in South Texas. “Yes, Harvard-Cambridge may seem like pie-in-the sky, but it's not,” Really? I mean come on! lol

Last edited by BevoLJ; Mar 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM.