View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 30, 2008, 7:49 AM
zzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
^ the map is entirely a nerdy fantasy on my part. it comes from the darkest recesses of photoshop.

pdxman: well, they did tunnel thru the west hills, over ten years ago... and this is one route with similarly steep grades. i'm sure, though, that it would be a long shot, esp. the part under pcc: trimet would most likely skip pcc, thus potentially avoiding 20,000 (i'm guessing) riders per day, but also avoiding the political controversy resulting from trying to build an effective, though expensive, facility.
well done on the map. I love fantasy transit maps and yours seems well thought out.

I agree with you that trimet will skip the PCC portion of your alignment and keep the alignment at grade along I-5 or Barbur. But I don't blame that on Trimet or Metro. There's only so much you can do with such limited funds. If the federal govt were more willing to look at (and fund) public transit as part of a viable solution to the problem of "peak oil," I think local agencies would have a much easier time building and operating lines like these. I'm actually a little surprised we haven't heard more about increasing funding for transit to help ease "America's addiction to foreign oil"... especially in an election year and with gas prices as high as they have been.