Thread: CarSharing
View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2012, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd618 View Post
There have been improvements to Hamilton CarShare's rates to reduce the barriers to joining - see the overview of the rates / plans here. Basically there is a new plan that gets rid of the large deposit and the Simple Plan has become cheaper. Right now there is also a WagJag offer for joining the CarShare with either of those two plans.

There hasn't been any fleet expansion since the above post, but there's a solid chance this year. What neighbourhoods should CarShare be in? Where is there likely to be enough support for cars?
Since my previous post (near the end of last year) I believe they also finalized a deal with the City of Hamilton for some financial support and the use of up to 3 carshare vehicles by the City as well; and they have approval for a new on-street parking spot in front of some new condo being built in/near downtown Hamilton.

My guess (only a guess) on next spots would be westdale, and 2 more spots in/near downtown. After that, they'll like target Mohawk College, its on their radar.

They should also reach downtown Burlington at some point.

Right now their Parent, "Community Car Share' is working on launching in St. Kitts.