View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2011, 5:24 AM
BANNED

Bigger Picture

I just have to say this. Guys, all that has changed is the removal of Xs - Xs people - from the exterior of the skyscraper, and suddenly it has gone from "majestic" and "brilliant" to suddenly something that isn't even worht building. It looks almost EXACTLY the same. Maybe it's SLIGHTLY shorter. So what? You won't even be able to tell when it's built because there won't be a picture of the older version next to it! It has always been a box with offsets, ok? Always. If you've failed to notice that, then you guys have you heads so far up your architecturally tight asses that you have missed the obvious. These skyscrapers have never, ever been things to write home about. They've ALWAYS looked like any other corporate skyscraper in America, only a lot bigger. I'm really having a hard time understanding how ornamentation made this building THAT much better than it is now. Just be happy that this site is being rebuilt with some decent skyscrapers that are going to re-establish NY's skyline...my goodness.