View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 9:10 PM
mumble

Here's the lineup of error messages I'm getting atm when attempting to access SSC, and they're all fatal:

www:
Quote:
Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 66.249.139.174:11211, Connection refused (61) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 285

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 287
www1:
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in /usr/home/jklerks/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1927
www2:
Quote:
Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 66.249.139.174:11211, Connection refused (61) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 285

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_taylor
I don't know why they just don't close it down for a week, get it sorted and then get it back online again - yeah you might loose some people, but christ it is hard to do anything when the site is about as slow as a French lady undressing over the course of several weeks.

I say delete the skybars as well - absolute waste of space for no good rambling and concentrate back on the urban and skyscraper aspects that are the strong points of the site. A bit more like SSP, but just more of it.
Nick is right. Jan's last announcement is from Sept. 22nd, and the place has been barely limping along ever since. No updates.

And eh -- how do you know she's a lady?

As to the skybars, why not start out with the UK one? Others get pruned regularly, but the UK skybar seems to be sacrosanct. It still goes all the way back to April 1, 2005! Thousands of mindless posts boosting people's post counts, excepting the occasional gem from you & Monkey of course. True, there was a big hack directed at the UK forum over a year ago, but those wounds should have healed by now. It's time to kick the patient out of the hospital! The UK forum should be forced to gain its status through other means. It's just ridiculous that a quarter or more of a forum's total posts should be contained in the skybar.