View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 5:34 PM

I have been reading this page for several years now, stumbled upon it from SSP, and have been a big fan since. Finally feel like it is time for me to chime in on the conversation at hand. The point that I hope that is being made is that the two go hand and hand: old buildings and the raw urban experience. Every few pages the conversation digresses back to the same thing: all the swapmeets and the grittiness is bringing LA down etc. I can not disagree more. What is it that you think is making DTLA so popular? Is its location on a tip of a pennensula or on an island? No, its the fact that LA is one of the last uncharted urban experiences in the USA. It is not sterile, it is not mall-ified, it is raw and it provides an experience that people are fleeing from the suburbs. Some of the most activated places in the united states are streets like Winston, Santee Alley and Los Angeles Streets, those places offer an experience that can not be replicated and they make LA a place where no two days will ever be the same. Long live LA, the greatest City on earth, an I hope that it never becomes as sterile boring and exclusive as Old Pass or downtown Santa Monica.