View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 12:11 AM

Just returned from Las Vegas and man I wish developers looking at Nashville would take a look at some of the architectural design of the newer strip hotels, specifically the Aria (stayed there and it is absolutely wonderful), the Mandarin, and the Vdara. Granted, I don't expect developers to build on the scale of these properties, but there are elements to all three that are just beautiful modern architecture. I wish the Omni had done something similar to the Aria design. It would have been such a compliment to the MCC.

I also hope that a developer will look to develop a true residential/hotel/shopping/entertainment/dinning development downtown or the Gulch. And, when I say shopping I mean mall like shopping with upscale stores. Nashville needs to increase the spending of tourist in downtown and offer more than boot/western wear. By upgrading the shopping offerings you also attract more tourist with greater spending potential. Even country music lovers love high end shopping. Convention goers will certainly enjoy having shopping nearby. Imagine a downtown Nashville with a fashion center that becomes the 5th Ave of the Mid-South.