View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 3:08 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I have never, ever, in 25 years of this contest being around heard of anyone I know personally, nor secondhand, nor thirdhand, nor anyhand - winning a single damn thing other than "free" coffee or a donut. It's like the Monopoly game at McDonald's.

Now, I'm not going to say they're a scam, but it feels like for 500 million coffee cups, they give out 6 "real" prizes. All while annoying me to death with their idiotic commercials.

I swear, back when I drank coffee I didn't mind Tim's product - but their annoying overplayed advertising completely turned me off the brand. Plus this stupid contest. I can't count the number of times people would get visibly upset with me for throwing out a coffee cup. Who the hell cares, I'm not going to carry around some dirty cardboard just for the 1:20 chance to save a damn dollar. People are stupid enough about this that guys who use re-usable insulated travel mugs actually ask for the cups during this contest. Way to think about the environment only when it's convenient, boys!

I don't think there's a Canadian institution that I loathe more than Tim Horton's. Friend in from the UK last night and it literally took 3 minutes from turning the TV on until he saw one of their commercials.