View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2010, 6:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I think I prefer it without that spire from early renditions. The way it ends at the top of the diamond is a suitable climax for this tower.
I think they all pretty much came to that conclusion.

http://lowermanhattan.info/news/rene...wtc_28050.aspx

Quote:
Silverstein, meanwhile, is now focused on erecting its three new skyscrapers on the east side of the WTC site.

Janno Lieber, Silverstein’s president of WTC development, said that Tower 4 is on track for a late 2013 opening. He then explained that
at 2 and 3 WTC, excavation for tower footings -- which form the very deepest structural anchors of the skyscrapers -- is nearly
complete and the buildings’ cores will start to rise over the coming weeks.

He said his firm intends to build each of the towers to their full heights, an effort to be aided by visible construction progress
that will encourage potential tenants to sign leases.

“Tower 2 is meant to be at grade in the beginning of 2012,” said Lieber. “Tower 3 we’re fully expecting to complete that as a tower,
and that will be end of 2014 or right at the beginning 2015, [but the goal is for] continuous construction.”

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 9, 2010 at 6:29 PM.