View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 12:24 AM
marcus

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Great pictures. It is sad what was lost, but lio45 rightly notes there's plenty of housing stock left, a lot of it in the crappier neighborhoods. Growing up in Albany, I assumed every city had a giant complex like the ESP, and only when I began to travel did I realize how truly unique it was.
What's interesting is that while previously noted the types of neighborhoods demolished are highly valued today, but only in certain contexts. There are many examples of these types of neighborhoods in Albany, and they are not up to their full potential at all. In fact, some are really neglected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
I like the B/W pics, makes more of an impact. Not that I'm a huge fan of the Plaza (kind of a tale of two cities), but there is a "futuristic" charm about the place. marcus, did you get up to the observation area atop the Corning Tower? Awesome views.
Thanks for the pics.
You know, upon creating this thread the other day is when I realized they even had an observation deck. I'm kicking myself for not doing the proper research beforehand!