View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
You mean it's no longer true that L.A.'s only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
As for the Clem Wilson building--I am really surprised that it hasn't gotten more attention from its owners in terms of refurbishment. It still looks as down at the heels as it did 30 years ago. The billboard at top will probably never come down (I actually miss the Mutual of Omaha version--btw great rendering at the top of your post, 'Los Angeles'), but I never realized how much has been covered on the lower floors. The visual impact when approaching the building from the west or south--two high stories of glass, a great entrance--must have been amazing when it was new. It could be again, too, if the (apparently) metal coverings were removed.
It would take a bit, but not much to get it looking wonderful again. Seeing what they are doing to some of those beautiful old buildings downtown and how they are being brought back to life, maybe one day. Ya never know..I hate to say it, but I think you're right about the ugly sign never coming down though Sad...