View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabydaddyATL View Post
Fine, then take away Congress and the President's healthcare plan.

So let me understand this straight DH8588. Your biggest problem with Obama is that he wants to give healthcare to babies and the uninsured, and that is more important to you, than McCain wanting to stay in the war another 100 years, extend tax cuts that has led us to the worst financial situation our country has ever faced, no stem cell research, the Patriot Act...etc!!! Wow, universal healthcare MUST be a big deal to you.
I totally agree with you about taking away Congress and President's health care benefits. So they can realistically make a decision on this aspect.

However, you are committing the straw man fallacy. I was speaking only about the million of unhealthy people that would be the main drain of resource. Babies and healthy people are not the problem. We should give them all the insurance because they won't use it very much.

I would never vote for McCain because he has no idea how to fix the economy.

As for the war, I never support it from the beginning. However, since we did start it and messes up somebody else country. We should stay there to finish the job and CLEAN IT UP.

If we pull out and give a date then the same thing would happen as it did with Viet Nam. I should know because my dad is Viet Nam Vet who was stuck Viet Nam facing punishments for being on the side of the American.

However, do not misconstrue this as an agreement to 100 year plan. I think that plan is ridiculous.

You cannot blame the tax cuts for the crisis that we are current facing. This happened because of greedy banks and consumers. <--- This is where I believe that should be some regulations.

As for the Patriot Act, it is the fault of stupid Congressmen for not reading it. The act had bipartisan support.

BD, I see your good intentions to improve this country, but we have take things as they are. Does that mean I support Bush or someone like him? No, but I applaud Bush for doing one smart thing so far by vetoing the farm bill. I give credit where it is due.

I vote for issues and not the person or the party. I'm an Independent who is having some major internal conflicts. If I can't figure it out by November then I will not vote.

Let's remember that everyone of us want the best for our country. It is the path to that goal that we need to straighten out.