View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2014, 6:36 AM

La la la yet another Nuw Yoik City thread!

So I've had two good trips to NYC in the last month's time AND I'm moving there in a week! I'M MOVING TO NYC!! Washington Heights ((because that's all I can afford)) here I come, yay! It hasn't even sunk in one bit that I'm moving to New York Fucking City but I'm totally ready for it... I've loved the place for as long as I've known it, which in my case goes back to 1991 when I was 8 years old.

Anyway for the October trip I stayed at the freaking W Hotel on Lexington right by Grand Central Terminal, one block from the Seagram Building, expenses paid... I mean sheeeeeeeeeeeit. Then this week I stayed at an apartment in Harlem that had been ransacked while they were away for a week and a half in Boston with me (no joke, my grand introduction to their place was seeing what a heartfelt turn-the-whole-place-upside-down home invasion looks like) while making various work trips up and down the island of Manhattan in a bloated 15 passenger van with trailer in tow (OMFG PARKING THAT THING BLOWS). Why massive van in Manhattan? Because rock band.

And now that I've rambled on for way too long, who's up for some boring architecture shots...

Thurr's mah gurrrl ^

View from the W Hotel:

Penn Station:

And into the night:

And now we leave that ^ lonely dude behind and fast forward to November!

Quick stop to the lunch counter at Cafe Edison before it disappears forever:

Another doomed institution:

This one's been long gone:

But heyyyy progress!