View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 8:40 PM

arki, just for putting the idea in their heads, i'm going to spank you. actually, i happy that tulsa is keeping the buildings downtown, as one poster stated; however, i thought of peabody place (although i think it is prettier) when i saw the rendering. it isn't ugly, but it seems to be a bit squatty and big bodied. perhaps a 20 story, w/ a smaller floor plate, would have looked much better. nevertheless, congrats, tulsa, memphis still reigns queen over the 12 to 18 stories, a title that looks like will never be broken.

i wrote a city official the other day and actually told him, after he asked me what questions were most often heard by me concerning memphis. i replied that i had never had to explain where memphis was located, or things of that nature. i told him the number one question regarding memphis is, "why is memphis so big but has such a small downtown?" we got a good laugh out of it, but i told him, if he doubted it, go to these various forums about cities, facts, fiction, comments, etc., and he would see for himself. later, he agreed that he had been asked that question more than a few times over the year, particularly, w/ the Renaissance of the city proper.

ark, i don't really know how to post pics, but bill cobb has some great ones of the peabody place tower, if you know if it can be posted---i'm sure you know technically how to do it.