View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 2:37 PM
devout Pizzatarian

thanks for the compliments everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColDayMan View Post
You should try the Ohio River. Oh wait, you'll die.
actually, my uncle who lives in cincy told me about a big annual paddlefest they have on the ohio river every june. i missed it this year, but i'm definitely thinking about heading down there for 2010. i don't think i'll die, at least i hope not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule View Post
Just one thing, aren't kayaks made for rapids? Being from Wausau I know that they are. Come on man, when in Wisconsin do the state motto "Forward".
i was paddling upstream at the time, you know, against the current. the milwaukee river was pretty lazy for the most part, but once i got north of the old damn, the current was running very fast and i knew there was no way i was gonna get up over those rapids. i could have portaged around, but i think that portion of the milwaukee river is best paddled as a one-way downriver trip, so maybe another time in the future i'll figure out a way to get myself up to a put-in in milwaukee's northern burbs and paddle down into the city from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
You should also concider the Cuyahoga River someday.
yes, the cuyahoga is on my list as well. probably not this year, but eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Are you risking a DSLR when you do this or using a point and shoot?
those shots are clearly not the work of a DSLR. i don't even own a DSLR, nor would i know what to do with one if i did. these shots were all taken with my little panasonic lumix point and shoot. it's not the best camera ever made, but the 10x optical zoom is fun, and if i were to accidentally drop it in the water, i'd only be eating a 300 dollar loss or so. which would still definitely suck, but 300 bucks ain't exactly the end of the world either.