View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 4:17 PM
Perch

Here's a map of what Erie Insurance has been up to:

- RED circle is the above-referenced former gas station.

- BLUE circle is a tract of houses they demolished to provide parking and construction of an equipment/maintenance structure for their expanding campus. They did a very nice job restoring the old Armory on the SE corner of this block and two old Victorian homes on the NE corner. I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to buy the entire block, if they don't own it already.

- GREEN circle is the site of the former St. Patrick's Cauley Auditorium which they demo'ed a few years ago for a surface parking lot. They claimed it was structurally unsound and that they were going to put a park in its place. I highly doubt it was structurally unsound, and no park exists to this day.

- ORANGE circle is a parking garage and surface parking lots that have been eyed for development for decades now. They own 2 of the 4 historic buildings across the street from it, including the recent purchase of the former Pufferbelly Restaurant.

- LT BLUE circle is surface parking lot that has existed for decades.

- YELLOW circle is a huge surface parking lot that has been there for maybe 10 years now. Speculation that this location will be used for a new signature HQ "tower" for the company. That seems rather unlikely to me, given that it looks like they want a city campus setting for their company instead. They recently did a nice job restoring the building on the NW corner as their "Heritage Center", their first HQ.