View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedok View Post
Will you be doing these for any other countries?
I would love to have the time/energy to include every city on the globe in this ratings system. For now, I started with the U.S. because it is where I live and where I do most of my traveling for work, so I know U.S. cities well and have personally watched them grow my whole life. Also, I'm reasonably confident that this site has complete or nearly complete data on US cities, with only some minor errors or things that are out of date, for buildings in the 150 foot range or higher. I'm not as confident that it has complete data for cities outside the US and Canada, especially when it comes to shorter buildings.

If I did a global ratings system, it would probably be for buildings of at least 650 or 700 feet tall (around 200 or 220 meters). That's because I don't think we have good enough data in a single place regarding roof heights of every building in every small city everywhere on the globe with roofs of at least 150 feet (45 meters). But a global ratings point system for every building on the planet of at least 700 feet high is doable for me eventually, and would be fun, and would hopefully be pretty accurate.