View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
You're dreaming Central Park is only halfway there from Copps. You have to walk another kilometer on Bay, then another kilometer on Stuart St
Never suggested that it was halfway there, just en route. As far as I know, stadium location hasn't been finalized, although some project mock-ups invite assumptions.

Quote:
Also note: The railyards aren't going anyway. CN has been very clear about that.
And it's insanely difficult to build pedestrian bridges.

Quote:
They wouldn't have followed through with these plans if the Stadium were to be built there.
Confederation Park is owned by the city but controlled by the Hamilton Conservation Authority. I rather doubt it'd be a quiet compromise.

Quote:
I forgot Football fans like to picnic and eat salads. Ask Foxcroft his choice. I think he knows a bit about professional sports.
If it's basketball or trucking I'll ask Foxcroft's two cents. As to "picnic," consider that Harbourfront Park is Wingfest country and that Burlington's Spencer Smith Park is as sedate as you could imagine but gets NASCAR'd up once a year for Ribfest. Parks are blank slates.