View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I also think Casa Grande suffers from a 20 year old idea of massive suburban growth that has decidedly changed into (while still sprawly) much slower outward expansion than before 2008.

Back in the early 00's everyone thought Phoenix and Tucson would grow into each other with un-ending Socal style sprawl within 20 years.

Well, that clearly isn't going to happen for way more than 20 years even from now.
I thank my lucky stars that the Gila River reservation exists--sprawl stretching south from Chandler to Casa Grande would be depressing.

It's too bad that Casa Grande doesn't have the territorial history of a place like Prescott. If it had developed a little more a little earlier it could be a pretty cool waypoint between Phoenix and Tucson. As it is, the few historic buildings they have (other than the High-School-turned-City-Hall) are not much to look at, and the pockmarked suburban subdivisions almost irrationally bug me when I drive through. I did have a good meal at Big House Cafe once though.