View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 3:50 AM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal View Post
I'm not asking for any rules, limits or changes. I stay here because of the photos - 100%. But, I have to admit, while I see so many great shots (often of one of my favorites: Montréal) in this thread, I can only take a small portion at a time. So I scroll through and stop on a few, then scroll faster and faster looking for the change of the next post. Sad to see so much good stuff go by, but I can't look at that many photos of anything, continually coming at me. I am forced by human nature to skip them.
I personally miss seeing the huge epic threads that used to be a regular occurrence in the common "My Photos" sections (and before that when it and Cityscapes and Skylines threads were merged and then divided alphabetically). I remember Kilgore, flar, -AX- and Coldayman were probably my favourites but Martin both as a photographer and his instagram compilations is definitely nearing that level. That section doesn't seem as active as it once was and I really want more. I don't mind having the posts in the common thread but I do understand why some wouldn't prefer it. Amazing posts can get lost and people aren't always prepared to devote the time and attention to huge posts when perusing a more casual thread. But when you clicked on one of their dedicated thread posts you knew exactly what you were getting into.