View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
^ I like how you said 2000 because that's when everything was GOOD. We still had the Twins, the Stock Market reached an ALL TIME high.
2000 really was a great year, but one note, that was also the same year the .com boom came to a halt and led to a downturn that was only further exacerbated by 9/11.

Quote:
Everyone was happy. The only people who were unemployed were the ones who deliberately didn't want to work.
Or if you'd lost your job as a programmer or web developer as a result of said boom. I had friends that did lose their jobs, and ended up going back into Finance.

Quote:
The Trade Center was full of activity (an all time high), and FULL of tenants. The Windows on the World restaurant reached an all times sales record and become the TOP restaurant in the U.S. The underground mall became the (one OF) the most visited malls in the U.S and definitely the most visited in NYC.
In 2000, the Twins were 98% leased. Despite the 1993 bombings, companies continued to move into the WTC because of its large floor plans, and cheaper cost relative to leasing in Midtown Manhattan. About the mall, I went in there often during my lunch breaks to do shopping, and it was always packed with tourists.

Quote:
The President was still Bill Clinton. There were NO wars. The Trade Center was in every movie literally from left to right. The WORLD Trade Center really brought the world together (let me explain). The window washer at the WTC was Russian. A custodian (last person to come out the Trade Center alive on 9/11) was Hispanic. The architect was Japanese (American). People from all over the world worked for companies tenanted at the Trade Center (from China, India, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Brazil, Canada, Australia etc.) That's something we will NEVER get back.
Nope, it's just history now. Sadly.