View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2009, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactownTom View Post
Get rid of the gas storage facilities on both sides of the Sacramento River. Move them to the Port of Sacramento in West Sac.
Yes, definitely! That is prime riverfront land, it needs to be put to better use.

Also, something needs to be done about that area north of Grant Park, between 16th and Bus 80. I know there was a crappy little proposal a while back, but I want that entire area to be a classy riverfront neighborhood with townhomes, a nice park, and maybe a condo project or two overlooking the water. Something other that bare land. And actual density, not squashed together faux urban development either.

Tom, you also mentioned making that whole Folsom/65th/Elvas area more college friendly. That should be ground zero for college type retail. I know it's possible through the tunnel but it feels almost like there's no real non car connection between that area and the school, and they're right next to each other. Get a small little park put in there, some pedestrian only streets, build everything up at least a few floors, and put some more connections under the railway. Free CSUS from the need to have a car.

-Something else needs to go up in West Sac as well, to complement Calstrs and the Zig (ugh). Preferrably residential, but anything that looks good, we lucked out that Calstrs looks as good as it does, if an ugly building went up it would be a major eyesore with the lack of density there. They need an area to become the focal point of their development. It would be nice if the proposals for the areas all get completed, but at least get a small, defineable area near Raley Field and use that as a catalyst to expand.