View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Tesla already has that problem solved unless you are going somewhere really remote. More can be done to increase infrastructure of course, but installing chargers is orders of magnitude easier and cheaper than rolling out gas infrastructure. It will come quickly.

I'm planning to buy around the time I can realistically get a Model 3, which is probably around 2020. Whether I get the Tesla specifically is not set in stone, I expect the landscape will have changed by then.

Buying a new gas car today or in the next few years could look like a terrible mistake by 2025.
Can you make it from the Supercharger in Hope to the Supercharger in Kamloops on one charge? How does climbing the Coquihalla affect the range of a Model S? If you have the CHAdeMO adapter you can stop at the 1 DC station in Merrit (which is in town and not on the highway and hopefully not in use), but even then it's not like a 5 minute layover to top up a tank of gas.

Also, what's the etiquette surrounding unplugging someone else's car if they aren't around and you really need a recharge?