View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2012, 4:08 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Hoover, nice concept, however, Phoenix is not a hub and spoke city. No need to have every transit line converge on central Phoenix. I imagine 50 years from now, Phoenix will have clusters of employment zones that allow for high density, high-rise developments for both commercial and residential uses.
Well not every route I outlined here runs into Downtown. Silver, Red and Purple for instance all branch off from an uptown hub. Whereas Gold, Copper and Blue focus on Downtown.

If you did a Chandler/WilliamsField Rd line, that obviously wouldn't connect directly into Downtown or any part of Central PHX at all. You'd have to connect to the rest of the system via the Commuter rail that goes into Chandler.

The reason I went the way I did above is because it relies the least on the other municipalities, while still getting to almost all the major destinations one would want to connect to.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't know how else you create a system that doesn't generally grow outward from Central PHX. Heck, even our freeway system largely converges on Central PHX.