View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
How do you feel about the design? I know some people aren't really feeling it, saying it's too modern. I rather like the fact that they are mixing a modern design with the old building...
Same here. I feel that Nashville needs to continue with its modern/post-modern architecture that some of the designs have, such as 505CST. It keeps Nashville up to date with other major architecture advancements around the country and the world.

Look at London, for example. They have the historic, tourist attraction buildings in central London. However they also have buildings (the Shard and "the egg") that bring the city into the 21st century.

It would be so cool if Nashville kept its "Honky Tonk" district around Broadway but mixed it with some modern flare and then have some more modernity around the SoBro area.

I think the cool design of the gym will also make the students of Hume Fogg appreciate the school that much more. Some students at MLK always complained about how old and decrepit the building was, not taking into account its historic importance. If MLK got an update this huge, it would change the moral of those students.