View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 10:41 PM

Regardless of how people, who don't own the property or the project in question, feel about its location, I just hope the damn thing gets built. I have to say, I am concerned. Investor money is tight, especially for Sac. I remember reading that the main reason why rents are so high in Sac is that few residential projects have been built...there just ain't the same job and population boom we've seen elsewhere. I really like a lot of the proposals that are on the table. I think they would add much needed density and activity, but I remain skeptical of old "Snail Pace" Sacramento. Frankly, I grow tired of the same laid back growth pattern. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch that sleepy city develop. I've waited a long time for the proverbial "tipping point" and I just don't see it happening.

The point of my previous post was... I'd like those of you who are in the know to handicap the viability of what's been proposed, so far. Should I be excited about Whole Foods, CADA buildings, Ice Blocks, Yamanee, Q14, Sac Bee area, Marshall hotel, Cafe Bernardo hotel, etc.....OR should I not hold my breath?

Now that I live in DTLA, it's interesting to see a city that can actually get s**t done. I'm getting tired of Sac and its stupid, slow economy. I feel like it'll always be stuck in second gear.

Patience is a virtue...I guess that's why I'm not a very virtuous person.

Last edited by snfenoc; Mar 30, 2016 at 11:16 PM.