View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 6:51 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
::rehtorical mode on:: This is a product of the architectural firm...is it not?...that's been anointed to grace us someday soon with renderigs of 225 West 57th Street? ::mode off::

Bearing in mind, therefore, what I understand is their apparent talent for culturally interpretive design, what precisely am I supposed to glean from what we see here before us?

I mean, how does what appears to me to be the love child of R2D2 and Monty Python's tennis-playing blancmange tie in to local history?
Think about it: From Cash, Haggard, Twitty, George Jones, Waylon & Willie, ad infinitum........we get......this?(!!???) Somehow, that just doesn't compute.

The lack of symmetry--or, for that matter, any concerted effort to pick a shape and run with it, even if on an abstract level--disturbs me more than anything else about this tower. Height? Anything 600'+ passes muster in my book. The facade's okay; and I'd have no issue with the curves...if, that is, the overall form didn't look so.....well.....split-brained. It's just more than a bit annoying to look at, if but for the reason that the more astute observer might blow a heart valve trying to figure out what exactly about Nashville this structure is paying homage to.

4ยข
I'm blowing a heart valve trying to figure out what you're even talking about. Since when did a skyscraper proposal need to visually reflect the history of the city, in some way? Why don't you elaborate on what you think a more 'Nashville appropriate' design would look like? In what way does a skyscraper 'pay homage to Johnny Cash?'

-Bob Marley