Thread: Blame Surrey?
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Gull View Post
I do not think it's fair to "blame Surrey". No ways.

I have to call you out on this specifically, WhatNext. You've been going on and on in the forums about how the culprits are from Surrey, Delta, other suburbs, etc. I think you should be held accountable for your immaturity and hate-mongering - you're almost as sad as the rioters.

So far, I've seen a wealthy high school student from Maple Ridge and a kid from Burnaby come forward. But will you eat your words when someone from East Van comes forward?
Grow up.

All I said it would be interesting to see where the people were from, and based on what the newscasts had shown they were predominantly not from Vancouver. Hardly constitutes "going on and on". If you read carefully, you'd noticed I'd said the professional a-holes were probably from basement suites in East Van. I've noticed on the forums that you have a knee-jerk defensiveness about being from the burbs.

There's a reason Surrey and the burbs generally had no problems because the rowdies came downtown, because it was "the place to be" You're hardly likely to find kids from Coquitlam heading to Surrey to watch the game there. And because they were away from home and (they thought) the eyes of people they knew they, they lost it.