View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 3:16 AM
A before E

Quote:
The anti-oil terminal crowd, which includes developers behind a $1.3 billion Vancouver waterfront project, has been pushing the council to join the opposition. Port of Vancouver officials maintain that an oil terminal and waterfront development can coexist along the Columbia River.

Barry Cain, president of Tualatin, Ore.-based Gramor Development, has said there's zero chance the development project will happen if the oil terminal gets built.
http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/f...rminal-permit/
Well it looks like this waterfront project could be derailed by an oil terminal. I really hope that an agreement of some kind can be reached because this would be such a great move forward for downtown Vancouver.

With how much that city has grown, I hope that one day soon they realize how much a part of the Portland metro they are and look at things like light rail realistically. I also think if Vancouver added any form of light rail, Portland might have to look into some sort of an express line so that those from Vancouver wouldn't have to make local stops the entire distance.