View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 5:14 AM

The map has SkyTrain going to the right places, but maybe with the wrong interlined lines assigned to do the job.

Good options:
Evergreen Line

Not so good options:
Canada Line
Expo Line
Red Line
  • North Shore branches are bad ideas... the current ferry service is sufficient I think... also keep in mind we're going to have to tunnel deep for those ships to keep passing through, and that would be extremely costly. This doesn't include the tunneling we have to do on the north side of the inlet.
  • Delta branch is also not very good. I don't think there will be enough population to support the service. It might be better to have the line run to a popular recreational centre (Riverport), have a stop at Ironwood and get Delta people to take buses to that location.
  • The 180 degree turn made by the Yellow Line in Downtown isn't entirely good practice. You may end up with duplicate station names and people may get confused as a result.
  • Expo Line White Rock branch will go into some farmland areas. We can't really have development around there can we? Also I doubt that White Rock again has enough people to support the line extension.
  • Finally, you've sort of made some of the lines really long which may not help if traffic gets stuck somewhere along the way.

- Allan Kuan