View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Toronto Blue Jays / Boston Red Sox, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, no NBA team
This is the answer I was expecting. You forgot the "elephant in the room" teams: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers and Knicks. I would include the Islanders since I do know many Islander fans upstate but they are more or less region specific, like the Sabres. The Sabres represent Western NY and the Islanders Long Island.

My question is why doesnt anyone ever include NEW YORK teams?

NY teams DO represent NYS. Cities like Albany and Utica are closer to NYC than they are to Buffalo and especially Toronto.

Buffalo only represents Western NY. I wish people would start realizing that.

As for saying the Boston Red Sox, over the Yankees and Mets?????????? I dont get it.

We here in Upstate NY get YES Network and SNY, not NESN. While there is a fair contingent of Red Sox fans, to not assume the Yankees and Mets are #1 is ridiculous.

Simply put, as someone who lives in Upstate NY, I dont understand this fairly common misconception about pro sports in Upstate NY. Nobody thinks New York teams are at all a presence? let alone the majority? Its quite shocking.

People actually think the Red Sox are a majority over the Yankees and Mets in Upstate NY?

Last edited by NYRY85; Nov 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM.