View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Nice pictures!

So is the Peace Bridge, Front Park, Symphony Circle, and that area part of the West Side (or West Village, as I have heard it called), or is that the Lower West Side? Or are both areas all one neighborhood?
I would say Symphony Circle is where West Side, Lower West Side, Allentown, and Elmwood Village all kind of come together. That is sometimes referred to as the Kleinhans neighborhood (after the music hall designed by Eliel and Eero Saarinen). North Street/Porter used to be the old city limits back in the early 1800s, but other than that I don't think there is a universal definition of the limits of each of the neighborhoods. I included the River in the Black Rock section mainly historically since it was the location of the Black Rock itself.

Neighborhood names evolve. For example, the "Elmwood Village" didn't exist until the 1980s or 90s, before then it was sometimes called the Elmwood Strip, and considered part of the West Side.

Link to City of Buffalo neighborhood maps - in some cases there are smaller neighborhoods within the larger (such as North Park within North Buffalo) but overall it is decent.
https://library.buffalo.edu/maps/buf...hborhoods.html

Last edited by benp; Jun 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM.