Thread: 2017 CFL Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 3:47 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Durant to Montreal for a pair of draft picks...

I am saddened, Durant in Sask would have made it much easier to qualify for the playoffs in the west, as it would have inevitably been Tino Sunseri or whoever starting by week 3

Durant is fine as quarterback, but he's always needed an offensive line and running game to be really effective. He can play smart controlled offense which we had for a few years, but it came with a balanced attack which doesn't exist anymore. This was a move that was needed two years ago, but no one wanted to listen to me then. So now we gave him up for pretty much nothing. 4th and conditional 2nd. We save salary to go find some other parts, but Chris hasn't proven he can put parts together to resemble a team yet here.

4-14 seems reasonable this year. It is not like we magically have an offensive line this year. I wonder how that will play out with keeping the stadium close to capacity in year two. It's been a while since the Riders have been this bad and the attendance when it was like this dipped into the 75% of capacity at that point, or worse, in the mid 80s range where 60% full happened some games. This is certainly going to test the resiliency of the fan base.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss