View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 2:32 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
Oh cool. I didn't know if you had done anything with regards to development or planning, though there's nothing offered at MUN. If I had my time back I would have given serious thought of doing a double major in business and political science.
Nothing focused on planning and development yet. A Masters of Real Estate Development exists, although I can't find any program in Canada. I'm eyeing University of Southern California someday, however you need at least two years of work experience in the field as well as great references and strong marks. Maybe come 2014 I'll start thinking about that. Other schools offer MRED programs as well. Columbia and University of Glascow are other schools I've eyed.

Then there are Masters of Urban Planning programs. Lots of schools have those, and I wouldn't have to leave Canada (although I consider the ability to study in the US / Scotland to be exciting). I do feel though that Masters of Urban Planning are a lot more common. I think the MRED program is more my cup of tea, but also there is more of a chance of not getting accepted. Likely Urban Planning would be a backup.

Who knows though. I do intent to continue to pursue education. I value it quite highly. And real estate is the business I want to be in.

In other news... arrived in Costa Rica. Its gorgeous here... but my luggage is MIA. It seems someone with the same suitcase walked off with my bag at the airport. That bag contains my entire life. Forgetting about the Christmas presents I hadn't even used yet, I had packed all my best winter clothes (dress shirts, pea coat, suit jacket, sweaters, etc.) due to being home for Christmas... AND all my summer stuff (t-shirts, soccer jersey, sandals, running shoes) for my trip... AND a bunch of general stuff like my laptop power chord, cell phone charger, new hardcover books I had intended to read... Literally my entire life is currently MIA. So while Costa Rica is gorgeous, I have to go out today and buy a bathing suit so I can enjoy it.

More updates to come, but who knows if this can get anymore tragic. All I can do it laugh about it.