View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 9:17 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

ha, we love our pork steaks here, too. probably where it comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
^ While it is the very Franco-German region on Earth, Alsace is a significant, legit and popular wine producer.
They do quality vineyards just like much of France, far better than the Paris region which is lower than sencond-rate in that particular business.

I think their local dialect is more Germanic than Romance by the way.
And the Lutheran culture has been established since the Protestant reforms over there. So they can train some enlightened pastors as well as cool Catho priests.
It is not exactly Bavaria or Austria in that matter.

Anyway, it's true that the feeling of brutal rivalry between France and Germany caused some harm to the industry of tourism over there, but sympathy towards the Germans has undeniably been growing in the French. Today, more and more are interested in visiting their country.

However, learning their language is yet another story over here.
Spanish is just supposed easier for us, being another Romance language, fairly close to French.
So lots of lazy French kids would rather pick Spanish as an easier choice.
That's it.

All in all, Germany is hugely advertised here nowadays, like "deutsche qualität". Right? Ha ha.

my "german" ancestors seem to come from the former "alsace-lorraine" frontier which is part of france at the moment, but historically germanic/german dialect speaking.

funny, as a native english speaker german words are rather easy for me to pronounce, and in fact fun to say, and of course spanish is drilled in everyone in the u.s. so not so much of an issue, but i cannot make those french words go. they break my tongue.