View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2012, 6:44 PM

Central Metro - TOD Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I told you I will do some photo's from time to time and here is the first of them.

Fairborne Station
Here is the current state of the Hotel being built in West Valley. They are working on the 7th floor. I wanted to get
some shots of it from 35th but we were getting on TRAX and didn't have time for me to take a walk.

The TOD next to the 45th TRAX station on Main. I love the Birkhill apartments that are going in but not fond of the
Lions Gate apartments. I don't see them engaging the street as much and my wife looked at them and asked, "I hope
that color isn't the fished look". She was referring to the yellow color that they were painting the stucco.

Birkhill @ Fireclay

Pic By StevenF.

Ultimately I would love to see something taller than 5 floors go into the area around the 45th TRAX station, but
overall happy to see this kind of density going in next to a TRAX station finally. It would also be nice to see a small
grocery store go into the bottom of a future building in the development. Help spur more urban living in that area.

Interesting thing is I was standing in the skybridge at CCC and looking down Main I could see these buildings. will
be interesting looking down main in the future and seeing the South end of Main anchored with midrise buildings.