View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 12:34 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wespidel View Post
Nussli only design it and farm it out to a fabricator to their specs and have it built with the material they use to build their modular fixed bowl stadium to improve their bottom line but it is like you said before, how much profit is evoled in this types of structures. A engineer and architect and construction company owner that I know believe it can be a much as 100 percent but more likely around 50 to 75 % especially when a larger company like PCL are involved because they build it and suppy the material. I agree with Fenwick that you can build a much bigger stadium similar to Moncton`s smaller concrete built side that has permanent washrooms and concession stands and press boxes but make to 3 times bigger on both sides of the field with open endzones which I personally prefer. I sat on that side last time at the CFL game and I`m on the 30 yard line, first row this time. That section is smaller but it`s pretty nice and well built and the seats are great, apparently my construction company friend in Moncton told me it was built my a Quebec company which I believe I gave to Fenwick. I believe Fenwick could design a perfect CFL 25,000 plus permanent seat stadium for around 75 million or slightly less with all the amenities and built solidly and hopefully with open endzones which I don`t believe he is against which will allow the stadium to host a Grey Cup.
Thanks for the information. I can't really design a stadium though (I wish I could). I just do fairly basic conceptual 3D drawings to illustrate my thoughts (mainly because I can't draw by freehand). But when it comes to actually specifying column and beam dimensions, and working out the forces then it is something that I am not qualified to do. Luckily there are many people in the Maritimes who can.