View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 5:42 AM
THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
I like that Division proposal. Even as a midrise, it should have a good presence. The tower in the cancelled proposal is okay. I don't like all that greenspace. The building reminds me of Riverhouse in Grand Rapids a bit, although Riverhouse goes right up to the street, and has the freeway pass by pretty close behind
Keep in mind that it's right next to a police station, not the most inviting of places. The proposal was similar to Lexington Park (or whatever it's called now) in that there was a tower and midrise building (not shown) connected by a lowrise base, with retail even.

8 unit building at the NW corner of Division and Cleveland:

Some good news about the New City project: we might still get a tower out of it.

Bucksbaum launches development firm

...New City, scheduled to open in the fall of the year following, will offer 370,000 square feet of retail plus an 80,000-square-foot Mariano’s Fresh Market gourmet supermarket and a 16-story apartment tower. Chicago development firm Structured Development is partner on that project. Bucksbaum’s investment and retail expertise along with a $31 million loan from JPMorgan Chase has gotten the stalled project moving again, with construction due to start later this year.