View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2013, 1:19 PM

COPENHAGEN | Denmark's big city

EUROTHUNDER

Journey three hours west and north by train to the Jutland Peninsula, where we encounter Aarhus, Denmark's second city. Aarhus is both a major port city and a university town.

Traveling north along the east side of the Jutland

A typical small town in central Denmark. I can't remember which one.

Hadsund, a town of 5,000 on the Mariager Fjord

As an American abroad, it is my duty to declare which North American landscapes the places I encounter remind me of. Denmark took a while, but then I got it: Prince Edward Island.

Aalborg, Denmark's fourth largest city (either 100k or 200k, depending on which level of municipality/region is measured). It is the northernmost big-ish city in Denmark, sitting at 57 N degrees of latitude. It replaces Calgary as the furthest north I've been.

Aalborg was a very nice and interesting city, but I only came away with a handful of shots.

-Return to Copenhagen-

Malmö, Sweden's third largest city, sits across the Öresund bridge from Copenhagen. It is about 30 minutes by train. Passports were not checked in either direction

Lund, a college town of 82k just to the north and east of Malmö. It was a very pleasant city, but I got very few photos.

Back in Copenhagen.