View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Seems like One Dock St. Officially stands at 374 ft. My estimation seems to have been spot on!

I really like that project on Germantown Ave. Looks sharp and incorporates existing buildings well.
The Spice st. project took me by surprise. I don't think we've seen ANY dense development in that part of the city.
Lastly, that Drexel addition is going to be cool. I am in the dorm up the street so I should be able to give updates until June. The existing building has been being rehabbed for awhile now.
I actually live over in Cedar Park. I'm seeing an increase of infill projects, but you're absolutely right: nothing significantly dense has broken ground thus far. I think that this will change in the near future, as Penn has expanded its mortgage program as far west as 56th Street. With so little open space available in Spruce Hill, Squirrel Hill, and most of Cedar Park and Walnut Hill, I wouldn't be surprised to see more dense developments coming on the larger lots soon!

Here's something that baffles me, however: how come we haven't seen large-scale development on Market Street (especially between 40th and 52nd Streets) to the same tune that we're seeing along Front Street and even Kensington Avenue? There are HUGE parcels near El stops, especially 4600 Market (currently a huge grass lot).

Temple University '18 ']['