View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2009, 6:33 AM

Smile NEW YORK | 8 Stone St. | 404 FT / 123 M | 43 FLOORS

This building is all kinds of top secret, super-bonus-Sam Chang-hotel-deluxe. In any other city we'd be hemming and hawing over a 43 story building (even a hotel), but in NY, this hasn't even hit what one would consider "the radar." Well no more! I'll have some crappy iphone pictures tomorrow, and if the weather improves at all, maybe some real photos. They're pretty high up on the concrete pouring for this one (although I don't believe finished quite yet), and the brick work is up a ton of floors as well (although no windows). Anyway, talk amongst yourselves while I pull myself together and get us pictures. It's amazing to me how many projects in NY never even come up, considering their immensity compared to most other cities. As far as SChang hotels go, this building is bland, which is a huge improvement over the downright ugly that many of them are. Not surprisingly, the architect of record is a one Gene Kaufman.

Curbed has a photo of the parking lot that was formerly there: http://curbed.com/archives/2008/04/1..._fidi_flip.php