View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 8:08 PM

According to WAFF Airtran is leaving in August. I'm not surprised while the flights to Baltimore usually seemed close to full ( i have flown it several times) the flight to Orlando and back I took was fairly empty. Being a low fare carrier they are highly dependent on the flights being near capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickodemis View Post
I flew on Airtran to BWI from Huntsville for the first time this weekend. I have to say, the Huntsville airport has really improved it's overall look. The new security area was very nice. Very busy on a Thursday morning though.

The Airtran flight was about 2/3 full out going and returning. I hope they (and Southwest) continue to service Huntsville.

We actually drove up to New York from Baltimore and it was less than 3 hours. The airfare was less than $160/round trip plus $83 for a rental car. Definitely a lot cheaper (and quicker) than the $400 airfare on Delta with a 1 hour layover in Atlanta. I might consider taking the Amtrak train to New York from BWI next time.

The only negative that have to save about Airtran is that they don't offer a lot of connection options to other destinations. If they ever start flying to Atlanta, I think the planes would be at full capacity all the time.