View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 1:48 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
No idea why people are talking about race. I am talking about demographic changes from a economic point of view. How people value finite resources such as time, shops, taxes, HOUSING, planing etc. Etc. From a point of view economics are directly tied to demographics and everything that impacts us in our daily lives is tied to economics. If you take 2.4 million Vancouverites and remove them and replace them with 2.4 million Manilites everything will change, the city and how it's shaped will change and to be on topic housing prices will change, zoning will change, types of housing being built will change and everything else that is not part of this topic. And for me it will certainly not change for the better because I am not a Manilite, I weather I like it or not have different views, different tastes, different priorities and this new city wold be quite different from one that I would feel at home and comfortable in. Change is inevitable but it also can be managed and it also can be too rapid where quality of life for people like me degrades in a few short decades to the point of me not ever wanting to live there. I am happy and made a great choice and to be back on point Vancouver and Toronto realestate is worthless because I would not want to live in these cities because of where they are infrusturcrure wise and social wise etc. and because things will get oh so much worse in the coming years. There is nothing positive on the horizon for me in these cities, nothing where you can say things will get better. The cities will grow by hundreds of thousands more, infrusturcrure will end up even worse and demographics will continue to rapidly change and everything economically will change along with it and diverge from what I consider a place I way to live in.
Wrong thread maybe?