View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2008, 1:52 AM
Thorax O'Tool

Mlkhda

I'm excited to see this finally happening. The old MLKHDA building was just plain awful, not just in terms of design, but also in it's condition. Come to think of it, I never remember it being that nice when it was a bank... my dad remembers it and says it was so bland that it made you yawn just walking in...

I like the red color, I like the prominent gazebo-ish tower on the corner.
What I'd like to see is more similar-sized development around it, also I'd like to see the city letting MLKHDA go 100' and have some sort of open-air produce market on the bottom floor, on the 11th street side, headed towards Bob's BBQ Pit. Been there Jake? It's phenomenal!

My great-grandparents on my Grandma's side lived near that area until the 50s (the house is long gone). My grandma still remembers the stores and food on K (it was still K then) when she was a little girl.
Hilltop is such a diamond in the rough, I am so glad to finally see some life coming back! The stretch between 9th and St Joes on 19th can be so awesome, as vibrant as 6th Ave and Proctor... it's long about time it started getting cleaned up.

Notice something? The pics were posted in the Trib... see what I see? (not that the arrow didn't give it away).
It's a News Tribune rack! Kinda cool, actually... just too bad I've dealt with those things too much for one lifetime (I used to work for the Trib).
they tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe