View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2010, 9:48 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by L41A View Post
I understand what you mean. Huntsville was 151 miles using my starting point Also, Knoxville TN is 152 miles. If those two MSAs were included 2 more MSAs would be added to Atlanta and additional 1.1 million. The Atlanta total would then be 11.8 million using the MSAs only. In addition, since someone brought up Micropolitan areas, the Micropolitan Area population of Atlanta in the 150 mile radius is 1.2 million so the total approximates 13 million when Micros are included.

I was sorta hard-nosed with the distance. I kept the starting point consistent. So even if it was a mile off, I excluded or included. That's why I really don't have any argument with anyone excluding/including Providence in NYC, Chico and Fresno in San Francisco, etc etc etc......
I used the straight line distance feature on Gmaps Pedometer and came up with 141 from downtown Atlanta to downtown Huntsville. I've found that site to be quite accurate in the past. Which method/site did you use?

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State