View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 11:18 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
Jesus. Why can't somebody dislike the Canucks without it being labelled as veiled envy?

I hate the Canucks. I'm not going to back that up with scientific date (seriously, WTF?).
I'll never cheer for the Oilers either, and their fans seem to be OK with that.
I'll never cheer for the Leafs, am I envious of them, too?
pretty much. I can have an arguement with Flames fan and although we will disagree we can understand where one another is coming from. At the end of the day we are most likely just trying to convince one another that whatever my team is doing is better than what your team is doing.

When you argue with a Canucks fan...well.... threads like this happen. It speaks volumes about the immaturity of their fan base. I suppose when you didn't have anything to cheer for up until a few years ago your going to be inundated with fans who lack a solid grasp of the game. Perhaps the next generation of vancouver fans will be more knowledgeable...but most likely history will repeat itself and the next generation of fans will latch on to whatever local team is the most succesfull (like soccer lol)...perpetuating the cycle of fans who lack a solid grasp of sports.