View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Right. But who's to say that doesn't? We don't know anything about it but what we've seen from that photo. And look at the Beekman tower. Are we to say that the apartments in that tower aren't liveable spaces?
How does Beekman tie into this picture? The apartments are perfectly habiable - if anything, curved interiors add to the spatial experience. What I've seen from that preliminary model though doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Seriously, a space of that shape, with the protruding boxes, looks anything but efficient for a performing arts center, which typically needs a large, uniform central space and service spaces organized around it in a very efficient fashion (a theater is a spectacle machine, and it must function perfectly well, or else organizing something as complex as a theater production would be such a pain in the ass that no theater company would want to bother). I could see that massing work for residential, possibly commercial and hotel, but definitely not office or theater.