View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2008, 7:11 PM
Meh

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with Simmons Vedder. It's like they don't want to be picked. Their proposal seems out of touch with Austin (strange since they're based here), and their presentation is really lacking. They didn't even have any models presented at city hall yesterday. Stratus had the most impressive of the group, followed by Trammel Crow and Catellus. Between Trammel Crow and Catellus, I lean towards Trammel Crow for height and green building, but I must admit, I like the designs of Catellus' project better between those two.

I'm hoping Stratus gets picked though. I'd like to see a little bit more design tweaking on the smaller buildings. I think their tops could be a little more interesting. I like the facades a lot though. But I absolutely love their idea for the tallest one. Great looking building. Plus, holy smokes, an HEB in downtown. They also have a good plan to push 2nd and 3rd Street through to West Avenue. Besides the design and content of their proposal, the amount of space and uses is really the best choice. There aren't many remaining blocks downtown that can be developed with this much density thanks to the capitol view corridors. So their proposal makes the most sense.

Thou shall not indict