View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 5:58 PM

I think Moe is looking at his little empire finally crumbling and is acting disparate. I looked into renting one of his spaces on K Street a few months ago but after his legal battles with the city started to heat up I called him and told him (in so many words) that I was not interested because I could not in good conscience lease from someone who would drag the city down as he has done. It's still empty. Moe must go!

As for the Galleria impacting DTP. This is a very LA scenario. I don't know enough about the buying habits of the people in this region to know if this will hurt DTP or not. I wouldn't drive out to Roseville just to go a suburban mall but I'm maybe I'm atypical. Obviously the Galleria is making a lot more money for Westfield that DTP.

Looking back at their endless rhetoric over the years, how they tried to put the kibosh on other retail projects downtown, and the disgraceful condition of the DTP it would seem that Westfield and downtown Sacramento are not a good match. The company seems unable or unwilling to make it work. I wish they'd sell it and get out of town. But that seems unlikely. Who would buy it?